IL Chapter: Codes and Standards Workshop - HSW
Date(s): April 12, 2013
Time: 7:30 AM CST - 12:15 PM CST
Maggiano's Schaumburg 1901 E. Woodfield Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173
Registration is Now Closed. Call the ALA Office for availability at 847-382-0630.
Kelly Reynolds is considered one of the foremost authorities on the International Building Code serving the architectural community with his own firm since 1979. Kelly will present a morning workshop especially designed for architects on the following topics:
1. Selected Changes to the 2012 International Building Code, Fire Code and Property Maintenance Code. Attendees will gain knowledge on the major changes between the 2009 and 2012 codes. Included is our FREE 2012 Fire & Life Safety Matrix this is a quick reference to the requirements of fire alarms.
2. Formal Interpretations of the I-Codes. These are the actual "formal interpretations" issued by the ICC. Do not confuse this with the Code Commentary that are technical opinions. You need this information to properly defend your design decisions to your client and the code official.
3. Court Decisions on Liability and Building Codes for Architects. Kelly will present court decisions that have affected architects, their design and liability. Specific court citations are referenced.
This workshop is ALA and AIA approved for 4.0 LU/HSW.
Course Materials Provided:
* A 22-page workbook of the PowerPoint slides
* Certificate of Completion
View All Events On This Date