The Missouri Chapter is teaming up with ALA National to bring code specialist, Kelly Reynolds, to St. Louis. This is a special morning workshop especially designed for architects on the following topics:
1. Selected Changes to the 2012 International Building Code, Fire Code and Property Maintenance Code. Attendees will gain knowledge on the major changes between the 2009 and 2012 codes. Included is our FREE 2012 Fire & Life Safety Matrix this is a quick reference to the requirements of fire alarms.
2. Formal Interpretations of the I-Codes. These are the actual "formal interpretations" issued by the ICC. Do not confuse this with the Code Commentary that are technical opinions. You need this information to properly defend your design decisions to your client and the code official.
3. Court Decisions on Liability and Building Codes for Architects. Kelly will present court decisions that have affected architects, their design and liability. Specific court citations are referenced.
This workshop is registered with ALA and AIA for 4.0 LU/HSW.
Course Materials Provided:
* A workbook containing the PowerPoint slides
* Certificate of Completion
A continental breakfast will begin at 8:00 AM.
Sign up for the Series and SAVE!
At the checkout, you can opt for the discount rate for the Series of 6 Programs.
2013 Programs and Dates for "No Architect Left Behind" - Season V
April 9: Building Codes and Standards Workshop - 4.0 LU/HSW
June 11: Site Water Quality - What do I need to know?
Aug 13: Legal Seminar
Oct. 8: Mistakes Architects Make
Dec. 10: How to Correctly Insulate Your Building
All programs except for Building Codes on April 9th (4.0 LU/HSW) qualify for 2.0 Learning units in Health, Safety and Welfare.
All programs are held at the Masonry Institute of St. Louis and price includes lunch.
The Building Code workshop on April 9th includes a contintental breakfast and no lunch.