Please note this program has been canceled due to a family emergency for the presenter.
Be prepared when Mother Nature starts Howling!
This seminar describes the air barrier performance requirements for the desired wind load design specifications. There are two accepted performance levels for commercial air barrier systems, determined by the structural design parameters for the building envelope: ASTM E2357 and ASTM E1677.
The seminar is organized in 4 Sections.
1. The first section is a brief review of air leakage and air barriers for air leakage control
2. The second section is a review of air barrier compliance options which include materials, assemblies, and whole building testing
3. The third section addresses the air barriers performance requirements versus design criteria
4. The final section provides examples of how installation details could impact air barrier performance level
After attending this seminar, you will be able to:
1. Understand the impact of air leakage, the importance of air barriers for air leakage control, and the current air barrier codes and standards
2. Understand the design criteria for air barrier performance and current standards for testing the performance of installed air barriers
3. Learn about the differences between ASTM E1677 and ASTM E2357 air barrier performance level
4. Understand how installation details could impact air barrier performance level
Herman Lopez is a Commercial Business Development Manager with DuPont Protection Solutions. He is based in Fort Collins, CO and responsible for commercial business development throughout Central US representing DuPont Weatherization Systems. Herman has over 20 years sales and business development experience in the commercial and residential construction markets having worked for Simpson Strong-Tie, Azek Trimboards and DuPont™ Protection Solutions. He is also active with CSI, (Construction Specifications Institute) and BEC (Building Enclosure Council) and speaks at many AIA-BEC Chapter meetings throughout the US as a representative of DuPont.
Approved with ALA and AIA for 1.0 LU in HSW.
Cost: $25 Members / $30 Non-Members includes lunch.
To attend via Webinar, click here.