Professional Members: Shall be open to any licensed architect in good standing in any state,
territory or possession of the United States. Members may also include international architects
from any country of origin as approved by the Executive Board. All members shall comply fully
with laws and rules mandated by the state(s) or country of their licensure. Professional members
may use the initials: ALA.
Membership Dues: $165.00 per year / International Members (outside the USA): Add $40.
Join Now and your new membership will be active through December 31, 2016.
Professional Member Benefits:
- Our magazine, Licensed Architect
- Membership Wall Certificate
- Professional Designation
- FREE unlimited access to the ALA downloadable short form legal contracts. (You can download these from your profile page)
- FREE Consultant Hot Lines - Legal, Code, Insurance, Fire and ADA
- Referrals through the “Find a Member” Website Directory
- Voting privileges
- List of job postings at the ALA website
- Get published by writing an article for the Licensed Architect magazine
- Disability insurance at a substantial discount (offered by Principal Financial Group)
- Discounts on educational programs such as Lunch & Learns offered throughout the year and our Annual Midwest Conference and Product Show
- Volunteer opportunities to contribute to the organization by becoming a Task force, Committee or Board Member
- ALA will log your ALA CEU’s
- Design Opportunities provided by the National Building News Service
- Networking with Industry Professionals
Join Mid-Year or Later and ALA will Prorate Next Year's Membership
ALA has a discount structure for NEW members who join mid-year or later in the calendar year. New members pay the full amount now and then receive the following discounts on next year's membership.
If you join in...
June or July - Next year you pay 50% of the full dues.
August or September - Next year you pay only 33% of the full dues.
October through December - You are considered paid for next year. You will not receive a renewal notice until late November, 2016 which will be for 2017 membership.
Renewals for next year are mailed in late November. ALA will invoice a discounted amount for those of you joining June through September, when you receive your renewal for 2016.