Start Date: 12/7/2017 8:00 AM CST
End Date: 12/7/2017 11:30 AM CST
Venue Name: Maggiano's Little Italy
#2 The Boulevard
This presentation will review changes to the 2015 International Residential Code (IRC) and International Building Code (IBC) relating to wood wall construction and design. This interactive presentation will dig into the changes and offer solutions to common issues that may arise.
Using APA-The Engineered Wood Association’s latest findings, Texas Straight-Line Wind Damage Assessment Report and Indiana tornado damage, Matthew Brown will demonstrate building performance from high wind events common to our region and what can happen when code details are overlooked.
Jared Hensley P.E will discuss proactive detailing and methods that your structural engineer can use to comply with the code as well as innovative new approaches to maximize your architectural flexibility.
Attendees will leave with an understanding of:
1. Changes to the IRC and IBC for wood wall design and construction
2. Commonly overlooked details of wood wall design and construction
3. Methods to comply and reduce cost to the builder/developer
4. Maximizing architectural flexibility in the IBC using an enhanced approach to Force Transfer Around Openings(FTAO)
5. The tools to share with their structural engineer to mitigate the impact of the structural design on the architectural
Earn 3.0 LU's in HSW. ALA and AIA Approved.
Cost: $45 Members / $55 Non-Members includes a breakfast buffet