Start Date: 4/3/2018 8:30 AM EDT
End Date: 4/3/2018 12:30 PM EDT
Venue Name: Northfield an Oldcastle Company Location:
901 E Troy Avenue
Indianapolis, IN United States 46203
Association of Licensed Architects
Learn about innovation in Masonry materials and techniques driven by new energy code requirements. We’ll discuss how the masonry industry is responding to increasingly stringent building energy performance standards by taking a systems approach to masonry walls.
- Update on Masonry properties, tolerances, moisture resistance and new ASTM standards.
- Review of the latest Energy Codes, and their impact on Building Envelope Options.
- Understand cost-effective and energy-efficient materials for design and construction.
- Consideration of the requirements of NFPA 285 compliance in light of the Grenfell Fire.
- Overview of insulated thermal mass concrete masonry units and insulated veneer.
- A tour of the Northfield Block manufacturing plant to see the manufacturing process.
Approved by ALA and AIA for 3.0 LU/HSW.
Cost: $45.00 Member / $55.00 Non-member includes continental breakfast and lunch