Start Date: 5/16/2018 8:00 AM EDT
End Date: 5/16/2018 11:30 AM EDT
Venue Name: Indiana Design Center Location:
200 S Rangeline Road
Carmel, IN United States 46032
Association of Licensed Architects
This seminar focuses on the minimum requirements for construction of accessible institutional and residential facilities for compliance with the 2012 International Building Code® (IBC®) and ICC A117.1-2009 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities.
It addresses the design of institutional and residential buildings and facilities to ensure that people with physical impairments, visual impairments and hearing impairments can access and move throughout the facilities. New concept, research and ideas for assisted living and nursing home design will also be discussed.
- Recognize which accessibility requirements are enforceable by the building official.
- Determine the extent to which accessibility code provisions apply to the design and construction of any institutional or residential facility.
- Identify the basis for the technical requirements set forth in the referenced standard.
- Identify scoping and technical requirements for:
- Exterior accessible routes
- Accessible entry and means of egress
- Interior accessible routes
- Dwelling and sleeping units required to be Accessible units, Type A units or Type B units
- Building features and facilities (toilet and bathing facilities, drinking fountains, etc.)
- Special occupancies (dining, recreational, etc.)
Approved with ALA and AIA for 3.0 LU / HSW.
imberly Paarlberg, RA
International Code Council, Codes and Standards, Senior Staff Architect
Cost: $45 Members / $55 Non-Members includes a light breakfast.