Start Date: 7/17/2018 11:30 AM CDT
End Date: 7/17/2018 1:00 PM CDT
Venue Name: Daltile Showroom Location:
316 West Hubbard St.
Chicago, IL United States 60654
Association of Licensed Architects
In this one-hour seminar, you will learn how large tile and stone should be specified and how well it will perform. We will discuss the importance of understanding surface preparation, substrate deflection, installation procedures and grouting issues.
Topics covered include:
1. Discuss problems and challenges when installing large format tiles.
2. Review joint function and design.
3. Discuss mortar function and selection - the New ANSI 118.15 standard.
4. Cover grout joint problems and their remedies.
5. Explore crack isolation/membranes.
6. Examine relevant ANSI standards and TCNA reference.
Attendees earn 1.0 LU in HSW. ALA and AIA Approved.
Cost: $20 Members / $30 Non-members includes lunch.
Presented by: Howard Jancy, Architectural Consultant, Custom Building Products