Start Date: 3/1/2018 3:00 PM CST
End Date: 3/1/2018 4:30 PM CST
Venue Name: Bucks Development Office
1224 N. 4th St.
Association of Licensed Architects
Join us for a tour of the behind the scenes construction activity ongoing at the new Milwaukee Bucks Arena. This unique, one-of-a kind facility is in the midst of a well orchestrated flurry of construction processes to assure it will be completed for the 2018 NBA basketball season.
Your 90-minute site visit will include a brief presentation from the design team members from Populous and/or Eppstein Uhen Architects (EUA), an overview of the complexity for integrating all of the sundry facilities that are part of this complex from the project manager /owner representative team at CAA ICON, and a tour to show the highlights of this new facility.
We will meet at the ICON /Bucks Development Field Office located at 1224 N. 4th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53212.
1. Become familiar with the overall area of influence that this single project has created.
2. Introduce the challenges of the design team as they created a unique facility and
searched for materials that will tolerate our weather and our sports fans.
3. Awareness for the importance of communication, construction scheduling and
monitoring the progress of the work to complete this project on time and on budget.
4. Highlight the importance of successfully promoting and employing local labor to
undertake this project.
5. Discover the features of this facility while areas are under construction.
Cost: $35.00 for members and $45.00 for non-members.
Approved for 1.5 LU/HSW by ALA and AIA
Parking is limited. On-street parking may be difficult to find in the immediate area around the site. Car pooling is encouraged. The Bucks Parking Garage is open for use at the normal rates for paid parking. The garage is at the corner of McKinley and 6th Street. Enter from 6th Street.
Hard sole shoes are required. Hiking boots are acceptable. All of the other safety gear will be provided on site.