Start Date: 6/13/2018 8:30 AM CDT
End Date: 6/13/2018 1:00 PM CDT
Venue Name: Cooper's Hawk Restaurant Location:
798 W. Algonquin Road
Arlington Heights, IL United States 60005
Association of Licensed Architects
What will the Energy Code look like in 2019?
The update cycle for the 2018 Illinois Energy Conservation Code has begun. The Illinois Code is currently based upon the 2015 International Energy Conservation Code that was adopted as amended in January of 2016. The Capital Development Board accepted amendment proposals to the 2018 Code until March 31, 2018. All amendments will be considered by the Illinois Energy Conservation Advisory Council (ILECAC).
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
1. Follow the historical and current regulatory process from inception and adoption to administration and enforcement of the Illinois Energy Code on both a statewide and local basis.
2. Understand how the IECC is organized for commercial and residential projects, both for new construction and for alterations to existing buildings, as well as its relation to the alternate compliance path using the ASHRAE 90.1 Standard, and also the stand-alone provisions of the International Residential Code (IRC) for one and two-family dwellings.
3. Highlight comparisons between the most significant 2018 changes to the Commercial chapters of the 2015 Code.
4. Highlight comparisons between the most significant 2018 changes to the Residential chapters of the 2015 Code.
5. Identify those aspects of the 2015 IECC that did NOT change in the model code, nor are likely to change in the 2018 Illinois version.
Christopher Chwedyk is Director and Chief Code Consultant at The Code Group, Burnham Nationwide, Inc. He was previously the principle of the Chicago office of codes consultant Hughes Associates, and been associated with the firms Skidmore, Owings and Merritll, Bertrand Goldberg Assoc., and Jack Train Associatiaon. Chris has been a City of Chicago Registered Energy Professional (REP) since 2001 and is a Certified Building Plans Examiner through the ICC.
Cost: $60 Members / $75 Non-Members includes breakfast buffet
Approved by ALA and AIA for 2.0 LUs / HSW