Start Date: 6/20/2018 8:00 AM EDT
End Date: 6/20/2018 12:00 PM EDT
Venue Name: Lithonia Plant / Acuity Brands Building Location:
1615 East Elmore
Crawfordsville, IN United States 47933
Association of Licensed Architects
This program includes an engaging tour of the Lithonia plant plus two informative lighting courses covering:
- Human Centric Lighting – The Next Wave in the LED Revolution -- An overview of Human Centric Lighting utilizing LED technology to optimize design aesthetics, increase productivity and improve the health and well-being of humans in an architectural environment.
- Commercial and Architectural Downlighting Techniques -- Explore the most appropriate design techniques for applying downlights in commercial and architectural spaces to include how the eye responds to light, the aesthetic appeal of quality downlights and the basic rules of thumb for applying downlighting into a space.
Approved with ALA and AIA for 3.0 LU / HSW
- Describe the color and color temperature of light using appropriate and accurate terminology
- Understand the limitations of, and alternatives to, Color Rendering Index (CRI) in characterizing color rendering
- Understand the growing body of research on the relationship between light, human circadian rhythms and wellness/productivity
- Learn the most appropriate design techniques for applying downlights in commercial and architectural spaces
Kristen E Mallardi, LC, MIES
Acuity Brands Lighting, Inc.
Specification Sales Manager, C&I Sales Channel
Cost: $45 Members / $55 Non-Members includes boxed lunch