Start Date: 7/17/2019 11:30 AM CDT
End Date: 7/17/2019 1:00 PM CDT
Venue Name: TOTO Showroom Location:
500 N Wells St.
Chicago, IL United States 60654
Association of Licensed Architects
Commercial Door Operator: A UL 325 Safety Standard Review
This course will provide an overview of the UL Standard. We will review the various styles of commercial doors, types of commercial door operators and safety reversing sensors.
1. Compare the functions of various styles of commercial doors.
2. Describe the types of commercial door operators.
3. Discuss the features of reduction systems and solenoid brakes, as well as the NEMA ratings for enclosures.
4. Explain the requirements of UL 325 and how it contributes to the safe operation of commercial doors.
5. Explore the devices that meet the UL standard and describe their features.
Presenter: Sam Savides, Specialist, Architect & Specifier Group, LiftMaster
Sam has been in the window industry for 30 years working on both residential and commercial projects. He owned an exterior improvement business for 13 years with a showroom in Melrose Park, where he was the President of the Chamber of Commerce for 2 years. He works with architects discussing the importance of UL325 in their door and gate projects in the Midwest and East Coast.
Cost: $20 Members / $35 Non-Members includes lunch
Approved by ALA and AIA for 1.0 LU / HSW