Start Date: 8/8/2019 11:30 AM CDT
End Date: 8/8/2019 1:00 PM CDT
Venue Name: Kimball Office Showroom Location:
325 N Wells St.
Chicago, IL United States 60654
Association of Licensed Architects
Building information modeling (BIM) is an intelligent, digital, model-based process of design, where a building is created using one system of computer models instead of separate sets of drawings. Although BIM is not a new concept or technology, its adoption has skyrocketed over the past decade. This course will show how continuous advancements have improved productivity, safety, creativity, and collaboration.
1. Describe how the new stair tool helps to design stair solutions that are safe and easy to navigate and meet all applicable national and local codes.
2. Explain how the integrated collision detection feature can reveal potential flaws and weaknesses in the design before construction begins.
3. Explore how BIM automates documentation updates and eliminates potential errors or miscommunications that can occur when the documentation is not kept current.
4. Provide three examples of how BIM improves the collaboration between architects and the rest of the consulting and engineering team.
5. Use new presentation tools in BIM software to engage clients.
Presenter: Leeswann Bolden, BIMI Consultant, Graphisoft
Cost: $20 Members / $35 Non-Members includes lunch
Approved by ALA and AIA for 1.0 LU / HSW