Start Date: 10/24/2018 11:30 AM CDT
End Date: 10/24/2018 1:00 PM CDT
Venue Name: ALA Office Location:
One East Northwest Hwy
Palatine, IL United States 60067
Association of Licensed Architects
This program will address issues and solutions when designing with stone masonry products. We will identify Cast Stone vs. Architectural Stone and causes and reinforcement of crack control in the wall system. Discover the four lines of defense for keeping water out and ways to meet new energy codes.
1. CAST STONE vs. ARCHITECTURAL STONE
- Defining Architectural Stone
- Specification differences
2. CRACK CONTROL
- Causes of movement and stress in the wall system
- Control Joint location and distance apart
- Joint Reinforcement – different types and location
3. MOISTURE CONTROL
- Rain-screen Principle – 4 lines of defense for keeping water out!
- The need for good durable water resistant materials.
- Installation of flashing and weeps for proper wall cavity drainage.
4. MACHINE MADE VENEER SYSTEMS
- Colors & Textures
- Shapes & Sizes
- Installation Guidelines
- Custom applications
5. NEW THIN VENEER PRODUCTS
- Thru-body colors
- Moisture controlled units
6. INSULTECH - BLOCK TO MEET NEW ENERGY CODES
Todd Moore, Artisan Stone Product Manager, Northfield, an Oldcastle Company
$20 Members / $30 Non-Members includes lunch
Approved by ALA and AIA for 1.0 LU / HSW