Student Members: Shall be limited to persons who are attending any school, college or university full time and are enrolled in the curriculum of architecture.
Membership Dues: $45
Join now and your new membership is active through December 31, 2020.
Note for International Student Members: ALA will send communications via email and provide digital offerings, including the magazine. ALA will not mail materials internationally.
Joining Mid-Year or Later? See pro-rated membership details below!
All members pay the full rate upon joining, and then a renewal credit is applied to the following year based on when the application was submitted. The following guidelines apply:
Join Jan.-May: No discount applied upon renewal.
Join June-July: Receive half off of next year's dues.
Join Aug.-Sep.: Receive 2/3 off of next year's dues.
Join Oct.-Dec.: Receive the final quarter plus the following year, with a membership expiration date of 12/31/21.
Student Member Benefits:
- Licensed Architect magazine
- Networking with industry professionals
- List of job openings on the ALA website
- FREE Consultant Hotlines – Legal, Code, Insurance, Fire and ADA
- Discounts on educational programs offered throughout the year, such as Lunch & Learns, as well as our Annual Midwest Architecture Conference
- Volunteer opportunities to contribute to the organization by becoming a task force, committee or board member
- Path2Arch Student Group, created to provide assistance to those who are navigating AXP (Architecture Experience Program, fornerly IDP) and ARE (Architecture Registration Exam)